I still work outside the home but I can no longer handle it
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 04:57:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Want to lose weight?  Natural supplement helps with appetite control, cravings, gives you energy AND burns fat! Lose Weight with ACE

Be sure to join our new Button Exchange program!  Get traffic and exposure for your blog on hundreds of blogs and sites. Join Now

+  themomblogs.com
|-+  Work
| |-+  Working Outside the Home
| | |-+  I still work outside the home but I can no longer handle it
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I still work outside the home but I can no longer handle it  (Read 9537 times)
Jo Ann

View Profile WWW
« on: May 13, 2008, 06:38:22 AM »

I will be a SAHM by july. if i can find interesting ways to earn from home, then I will be a WAHM.

I am so not happy being away from my kids. So I have decided to resign, be a SAHM, and homeschool my kids...

How about the others? How do you balance work and family life?

Tales of my journey in life
www.joannrosary.com
Linda

helloooo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 02:22:26 PM »

Congratulations!  I know you will be glad you did...I have been fortunate to be able to stay at home for the past 20 years, and while I have always done some sort of home party plan business to keep me busy...(they never made me money) I will never regret the time with my kids...I hope you find something rewarding to keep you busy for you...whether it be a business, volunteering, etc...balance is hard...dishes and laundry often get put on the end of the list!  I have had a lot of late nights!
Good luck!

LauraP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 02:31:20 PM »

I work outside the home.  I am blessed because I have family to watch my girls.  I actually enjoy being a working mom and wouldn't have it any other way.
Jo Ann

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 02:54:51 PM »

Congratulations!  I know you will be glad you did...I have been fortunate to be able to stay at home for the past 20 years, and while I have always done some sort of home party plan business to keep me busy...(they never made me money) I will never regret the time with my kids...I hope you find something rewarding to keep you busy for you...whether it be a business, volunteering, etc...balance is hard...dishes and laundry often get put on the end of the list!  I have had a lot of late nights!
Good luck!

Linda, thank you for the encouraging note... I do have some plans now how to achieve the balance. Mostly, it is volunteering. I do hope there would be some earning opportunity that will not use much of my time. It looks like I will go through a lot of trials and errors.

www.joannrosary.com
Aimee
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 03:23:05 PM »

I don't know how to find a balance, as I only have worked two months since i've had kids.  I know its hard.
We're looking at buying a house in the very near future, and my husband suggested I get a part time evening job, so we can still have some play money-I agreed to it, so I guess I'm gonna have to learn!  Luckily I'll only have to work once he gets home, so I don't have to leave the kids with a sitter, cause that would kill me.
Tara

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 08:27:19 PM »

I work at a grocery store one evening or weekend day a week, so we don't have to leave the kids with a sitter either. I couldn't do that Sad I also sell Avon, so sometimes I am busy but I am still at home. I try to do most of it during Bailey's naptime. Although I can stuff brochures and things like that while sitting on the living room floor with her. We just bought a big table for my office and some new shelves so that I can keep more things out of her reach!

As far as finding a balance... I am trying to accept that the house won't always be perfect. We won't always have money to do everything we want to, but I wouldn't trade the time home with my daughter for any amount of new clothes or dinners out! Also originally we wanted to move within a year or two but as we sink more money into this house it looks like we will be here longer and we just need to deal with that. It's not a bad house, it has four bedrooms and it's in good shape, it's just not our dream home. But that's something I need to sacrifice and come to terms with.

Tara, mommy to Bailey Sophia   4/16/2007
www.twolinesonastick.com
Blessed Mom 2 Sweet Boys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 10:24:43 PM »

I work outside the home because I have to as a single mom. I would love to a SAHM. The killer for me is childcare cost.

blessed

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 02:33:03 PM »

I am so happy you get to come home, I have been home for the last  2 and 1/2 years, I am getting pretty behind in my bills though and will probably be going back, the economy is bad, tax rebate checks did help some but wont last long, I home I can come home within 1-2 years of working or at least go part time. Have fun at home.
Jo Ann

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 10:46:41 AM »

thanks blessed for the message. i am just so happy that my current employer will get me as a trainor one week in a month for a decent pay. not much but more than enough to cover the basics as i attempt to balance my life.

www.joannrosary.com
beachin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 11:48:53 AM »

The most amazing thing is to be a SAHM. Most of us, to do this need some type of income though.

Before deciding how you are going to make money, figure out what makes you happy. Do you enjoy working with pets? people? making appointments? doing home parties? Then find a way to work it to your advantage.

Leaving the children at home or in dc is hard enough. Why do a job that takes you away from them if you don't love what you do? The money will never be there if your heart is not in it.

I am lucky. I adore what I do. I love helping families. It is a perfect career for me. I can work from home when I want and that allows me to enjoy all of my children. On top of that, I make good money and have fun. It works for me.

Decide what you want, then research the companies that have what you want. Make sure they are legitimate and then find someone that you can connect with to ask every question that you can think of before you make a decision.

Good luck!

Kellie

Kellie
www.Pagesofalifetime.com
What do you do with your pictures?
Watch a video to find out how to presever your memories.
Click here to find out how ! http://support.heritagemakers.com/tutorials/overview/Studio%202%20Overview_demo.htm
Krissy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 01:43:51 AM »

I know how you feel.  I work as a teacher and feel guilty that I am teaching someone else's kids when all I want is to be home with my own.  Hope things are going well for you!  I would be doing the same if I could afford it!! Good luck!

Krissy

Krissy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length