Anxiety Attacks.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 11:03:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Want to lose weight?  Natural supplement helps with appetite control, cravings, gives you energy AND burns fat! Lose Weight with ACE

Be sure to join our new Button Exchange program!  Get traffic and exposure for your blog on hundreds of blogs and sites. Join Now

+  themomblogs.com
|-+  Health and Fitness
| |-+  Mental Health Issues
| | |-+  Anxiety Attacks.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anxiety Attacks.  (Read 12198 times)
Aimee
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 05:32:57 AM »

Ugh, too much stress in my life.  All day has just been one big anxiety issue.  I blogged about one issue, errr one person, that is just DUMB these days.  I think that getting some things off of my chest for someone to read has helped me with that issue, so MAYBE that might be one way for me to "help it"

Thanx for your support!!!
lorrij7

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 06:25:00 AM »

Just going through posts and found this...I was diagnosed with anxiety about 2 years ago.  People have the assumption that anxiety is caused by current events happening in your life but a lot of the time it is caused by things that have happened in your past/childhood and doesn't 'come out' until adulthood.  Such as child abuse, etc.  I was told by my DR that depression, etc can run in families also. I've always been the most mellow person and just go with the flow of life, so when this started happening to me, I was bewildered to say the least!  I would have one episode and not have another for months but then it just gradually got to an everyday thing within a years time.

I'm not like the typical person when having an anxiety attack...I get super tired but can't sit still, my b/p sky rockets, heart beats really fast, start sweating and then cold chills, vomit and so forth.  Very unpleasant.  I stay sick for days afterward.

I had to take meds because it had gotten so bad I couldn't even think and was afraid of everything.  I've tried getting off the meds (Effexor XR) and had awful and I mean awful withdrawal! I had to start taking them again because the anxiety wasn't going away.  DR told me I would have to be on it the rest of my life.  I hate it because it's so expensive ($127) and I don't have insurance Shocked  I don't like to take meds at all and won't even take pain meds, but this is one thing I know I need. 

Having someone talk to you when an anxiety attack is happening doesn't help me whatsoever.  Walking does help a very little bit but NOTHING stops it.  I feel for everyone that has to go through this.  I wish ya all luck  Smiley

Candid Carrie
Boards Moderator

Visit me at http://carriestuckmann.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 01:02:05 AM »

I've written in here before about depression and anxiety, I have them both.  I know it stems back to my childhood.  I have accepted that I will be on meds forever.  Plus both of my parents have depression issues untreated. 

beresourceful

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 02:22:32 PM »

I'd like to weigh in here. I first noticed that I was having anxiety attacks in my late 20's-early 30's and initially the only way I could describe the feeling was a sense that something "bad" was about to happen.  And, most times, it did shortly after these episodes.  Like many of you, I'm not big on meds.  If at all possible, I'd rather sleep off a headache than take an aspirin.  So, when the thought of taking medication for it, I saught other ways to manage.  Beside, I'm an over the top kinda person when it comes to my self control so I'm sure I make this more personal than it should be. Absolutely, childhood stuff and other events play a part in all of this.

Several doctors have directed me to my diet as the primary cause of these attacks and I've proven that they are correct.  The week before "that time" is a very emotional time for me and these moments are sometimes sprinkled all throughout the month (oh to be a woman Angry).  If I lessen or exclude red meats, pork, foods with glutens and caffeine  (chocolate, coffee...) I notice a huge difference in how I feel.  Now I'm not saying it's easy and I'm not saying that I'm able to do this all of the time.  What I am saying; however, is when I feel "bad" I can normally attribute it to a horrible diet of fast foods, 2-3 cups of coffee and a chocolate fit. 

One more thing suggested by the doc was walking 2-3 times a week but I'm sure any type of exercise would be beneficial. 

Hope this helps someone. 

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length