How do i set up a blog party?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 04:13:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Want to lose weight?  Natural supplement helps with appetite control, cravings, gives you energy AND burns fat! Lose Weight with ACE

Be sure to join our new Button Exchange program!  Get traffic and exposure for your blog on hundreds of blogs and sites. Join Now

+  themomblogs.com
|-+  Blog Stuff
| |-+  Getting More Traffic to My Blog
| | |-+  How do i set up a blog party?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do i set up a blog party?  (Read 3344 times)
berriesweetest

View Profile WWW
« on: May 20, 2008, 04:23:49 PM »

I'd like to set one up to celebrate my baby's upcoming first birthday.
i may even have a few prizes to give away.
Any suggestions to keep this from being a waste of time?

zimkandace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 04:50:40 PM »

i don't know but I wanna play:)

HipMom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 05:35:29 PM »

me too, me too!

I'm not sure, I think you set up a page where you list who is participating and people can sign up and link back. I think  Huh? Embarrassed
Aimee
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 06:38:06 PM »

I don't know how you set it up, or what all it entails...but---I'll participate Wink
berriesweetest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 02:39:21 AM »

i love it...we are all so excited but none of us has  a clue...

girlzmama2002

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 03:17:08 AM »

All I can tell you is what I just did - right, wrong or indifferent.  All in all, I felt good about the results of my recent party but as most of us would say, I would do a couple of things different next time.  Maybe you can benefit from that!

Plan ahead - give yourself time to plan a theme, advertising, get loads of awesome sponsors and find ways to make it fun.  At least a month.

Pick a date - How long will it run??

Advertising - Make sure you get the word out EVERYWHERE!!  Seriously...the more the merrier.  Make or get yourself a button so people can put it on their blogs and spread the word.

Sponsors - Many people may have built up enough of a reputation that they have sponsors banging down their doors but as a newbie, I just flat out emailed any and all sponsors that I really liked, told them my plan and asked them if they would be interested in participating in return for some great free press.  I was humbled by some of their responses.  No one was ugly.  You may have the most good luck with businesses run/owned by other Mommies as they really try to support one another.

Make it fun - Making it fun is really important.  If you need some ideas, look around at other blogs and see what they have done.  Remember that you want and need to make this benefit the sponsors as well as you so you need to make people need to  click on the sponsor's site as a way to participate in some of that fun.  Bottom line though, give people chances to enter at least once and possibly more.

If you have any specific questions I can answer, I'd be happy to try and I hope this helps.  I cannot wait to see what you come up with!  Let me know and I will help advertise it on my blog!

Good luck!! Grin

berriesweetest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 03:45:57 AM »

Alyson, you rock!
i don;'t have a month, though...Buttercup's birthday is June 12.
I already have a plenty of businesses I am working with, and was planning on saving some of their prizes for the bloggy party.
what do u think?
 i was going to run it the week before her birthday until the day of. My designer is making a button right now, so I'll get going on this next week as soon as I can. I know this year's will be small, but next year will hopefully rock.
Smiley

ArmySister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 04:52:19 AM »

Be sure to come back and give us all the details so we can join in. I would definitily participate since it's after school gets out (only 3 1/2 more days until summer vacation!!!)

Linda

helloooo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 10:50:52 PM »

I wish I could remember the site, but someone actually created a baby birthday invitation for the blog or site...it was cute...it was a while ago tho...

I'm happy to donate a prize for the party from my store...

Dominique

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 01:38:12 AM »

Pauline, first birthdays are always so wonderful and memorable - I think you're on to a great idea here! Here are a couple ideas for your blog party...

Find ways to make your blog party interactive -  have party "guests" post about what they did for their kids' first birthdays. Pick a random winner from everyone who posted and included a link to your blog.

Messy face photo or video - have guests post photos or videos of their kids and their first birthday cake.

Sign up with Mr. Linky if you haven't already. With this widget, party guests can add their blog to the party or contests on their own. (There may be a limit on how many you use on one page.)

Also, (you probably already know this) any incoming links to your blog and your sponsors boosts your rating, so make them a part of the party/contests as much as possible.

Create a button for your sponsors to promote your blog party (i.e. "Featured Party Sponsor" or "Win a _____ at ____" or something like that)

Hope that helps! Or, at least, sparks other ideas for you!

berriesweetest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 03:30:09 AM »

i love this. linda-thanks for a prize donation. i need to check out our sites!
dominique-thanks, too. i think i'll do this on the deadlines blog since berrie sweet picks is my review blog. does that make sense?
as for sponsors-how do i get one and what do i offer/ask of them?

michellew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 04:00:35 AM »

I love a good blog party. I'll be there for any new ones, and I'll be happy to put a link or button on my site.

So, I am intrigued by this... what type of sponsors did you contact? How did you contact them and what did you say? Thanks for the info.

Sponsors - Many people may have built up enough of a reputation that they have sponsors banging down their doors but as a newbie, I just flat out emailed any and all sponsors that I really liked, told them my plan and asked them if they would be interested in participating in return for some great free press.  I was humbled by some of their responses.  No one was ugly.  You may have the most good luck with businesses run/owned by other Mommies as they really try to support one another.

-Michelle
Owner/Founder
Mommy Confessions
http://sometimesdisgruntled.blogspot.com
Contributing Writer
Philadelphia Moms Blog
http://www.phillymomsblog.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/michellew_
berriesweetest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 03:20:00 AM »

well, i just sent out a CRAP LOAD of emails to different businesses requesting bloggy party support and indicated that i'd run the party from june 12-july 12 to give it a full month of celebrating. what do you all think? I have two weeks to set it up...so hopefully people get back to me in time. if i get delayed responses, i'll push it back a bit.
any ideas on getting a birthday card of sorts designed for visitors to sign? like a sticky post? i need to check out other blog party stuffs.
any tips on sites to go to for ideas?

ArmySister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 03:24:29 AM »

I'm going to go start a separate thread, but thought I'd post here for you too.

I just found this party:
Lipstick to Crayons - 1st Birthday Party

berriesweetest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 03:30:54 AM »

ya know-DUH! i found them today, too! and i am actually getting ready to reply to an invitation from them to be a guest blogger. (cool!)
maybe i can email the sisters to ask them for bloggy party advice. they may take pity on a newbie.
thanks for the reminder!

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length