Twitter?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 01:48:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Want to lose weight?  Natural supplement helps with appetite control, cravings, gives you energy AND burns fat! Lose Weight with ACE

Be sure to join our new Button Exchange program!  Get traffic and exposure for your blog on hundreds of blogs and sites. Join Now

+  themomblogs.com
|-+  General Boards
| |-+  Suggestions
| | |-+  Twitter?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Twitter?  (Read 6829 times)
ace1028
Boards Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 07, 2010, 08:29:45 PM »

Where would I start a thread about Twitter and how to use it, where you use it, what your handle is on it, etc?

I'd love to get that going, just trying to figure out exactly where in the Blog forum it might fit. Thoughts?

couponsmakecents
Boards Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 03:26:31 AM »

I' d love to see something like that.  I do use twitter but I'm not very good at it!

PeaceLoveMommy
Boards Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 04:14:45 PM »

i use twitter but I'd love to learn how to maximize it's uses since soooo many people/bloggers are jumping on the twitter train. Between FB and twitter and blogging I dont know how people do it without repeating and running out of stuff to say! haha...im learning!!

check me out Peacelovemommy2

peace

Candid Carrie
Boards Moderator

Visit me at http://carriestuckmann.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 09:20:14 PM »

Hi guys!

Twitter is tough to explain without using your hands. I talk with my hands and I am very animated so I will try my best. As you already know, you have 140 characters to "make your statement" and some people totally rock at it and others really have a tough time limiting their words to 140 letters/numbers. It took me a couple of months to become proficient at it.

I started on twitter as another vehicle to promote my blog and it became so much more to me in almost no time at all. I think the most important tip to remember is to engage with others in addition to tossing out random thoughts.

If you already know some one on twitter, watch their style and see what they do that makes them appeal to you. Don't copy their style but keep track of what appeals to you, it will help you decide who you would like to follow.

A great example of a blogger using twitter in my opinion would be @Linda_Sellers, consider following her. 

A friend of my posts a ton of great information regarding social media, he can be followed as @TriveraGuy

If you want to ask me any questions at all regarding twitter you can continue to do so in this thread.

FickleMinded

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 04:02:00 AM »

I do have a twitter account, my blogs is linked there,so whenever I have a new post, it automatically posted to Twitter, thanks to WP plugins that does that,then my twitter is also linked to FB, so basically,I do nothing to "announced" my latst post, but other than that,I rarely log in to my twitter.
The only way I know to make money on Twitter is the SponsoredTwitts by Izea, (PPP company) they pay you for a Twitt,since I don't check my account all the time, I got all my Twitt opportunity expired.

couponsmakecents
Boards Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 03:39:53 AM »

I already said I am Twitter deficient, so ya'll will have to forgive this next question.  What does it mean when someone says something about hash marks on twitter?  What are those and how are they used?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length