Hello from Mom of Twins
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 12:04:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Want to lose weight?  Natural supplement helps with appetite control, cravings, gives you energy AND burns fat! Lose Weight with ACE

Be sure to join our new Button Exchange program!  Get traffic and exposure for your blog on hundreds of blogs and sites. Join Now

+  themomblogs.com
|-+  A Mom's Life
| |-+  Moms of Multiples
| | |-+  Hello from Mom of Twins
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello from Mom of Twins  (Read 9234 times)
lethallyblonde

The Lethally Blonde Mommy Blogger

View Profile WWW
« on: October 21, 2008, 07:19:06 AM »

I'm a newbie to this site but when I saw their where no posts in this area I could not resist.  I would like to say hello  wave and ask... are there really no bloggers that are Moms of multiples besides me?  Could it be they simply have not had time to post?  If so, I can can completely relate to that! When you do have a moment though, stop by and say hello!  thumbs up

Holly
http://www.lethallyblondediary.com/

lollipopsngiggles

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 04:28:50 PM »

Hi! I am a MOT!  I have boy/girl twins that are two!  I rarely have time to do anything with my back turned! Sit 15 minutes on the computer and it looks like a tornado has come through the house!

http://lollipopsngiggles.blogspot.com/
www.lollipopsngiggles.com
Happy Momma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 12:39:20 AM »

I can only imagine.  I have one and I know I don't have much time to get on the computer.  I don't know you guys do it!  You have me impressed!!

Candid Carrie
Boards Moderator

Visit me at http://carriestuckmann.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 12:53:54 AM »

I had twins in 1988.  My son is a sophomore in college and his twin sister died when she was seven. 

I didn't announce it because I was looking for the "Oh I am sorry thing" but more because I know how hectic it can be to have a handful like yours. 

Laurie2008

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 02:38:39 PM »

I have two year old fraternal twin boys.  They are a definite handful and keep me going, I don't think my butt ever touches the chair during the week  laughing  It has its ups and downs, and some days I ask myself what am I doing here?  I still dont sleep through the night, it seems someone always needs mommy.   I have a snoring husband who I kicked out of the room, and a toddler bed on one side of me, and a kid somewhere always lost in the covers of my king size bed (if it gets me sleep then it works!)  I am trying to figure out potty training now and well I am a bit overwhelmed, especially since we are considering IVF coming this spring EEK!  that and no family, hubby and I dont know a whole lot of people here so we havent been on a date in like 3 years because for my pregnancy I spent 16 weeks of it in bed, 8 of them in the hospital!  UGH   Ok anyway...my name is Laurie and sorry I shared more than I was going to  LOL.   Nice to meet all of you   Smiley   So yes we are out here somewhere I am sure lost in the hustle bustle of twins!

Candid Carrie
Boards Moderator

Visit me at http://carriestuckmann.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 03:52:54 PM »

Hi Laurie ... How did you ever find enough time to write all of that in one straight sitting? 

Even if you don't know anyone in your community at this point, you may want to consider contact a local girl scout troop or a church's religious education office.  Both are great examples of kids that need to put in "community service" hours and could be of assistance to you free of charge. 

No, you wouldn't be able to leave the house but you would have a little bit of an entertainment committee for your kids while you either got something else done or even napped. 

Just a thought ... it did help me.  And through that I was able to find babysitters as a result.  Some of the kids that helped were extremely mature or had older siblings that ultimately contected with us. 

If you would like assistance on how to approach them so you don't feel so "oh woe is me" I'll gladly help you.  By writing the letter as an opportunity for some young adults it is much more well received. 

Another situation is that often times early intervention programs have their own daycare facilities and they need "normal or average" kids to be in their program to model typical behavior.  In our case it worked out great. 

Let's all band together and help Laurie think outside of the box and see what we can come up with ...

anyone else?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length